Friday, November 20, 2009

My two cents' worth...

Last night after work, this kitty mom went to the Pasadena Northwest Community Planning session, which is an attempt to address issues of inequity in the northwest part of Pasadena. Having volunteered to work at one highschool in that area, she felt she had to put in her two cents' worth.

I said Augusutus, "I think I should go to this meeting", and he said, "sure, I will come too".

I told Olllie, 'what about you?'

He said, "I will come if there are treats."

So, they both started following me when I remembered that felines were probably not allowed.
I told them that I would summarize the meeting proceedings for them later at night.
And they quickly went about their own business, 

which was bird watching for Augustus




and something secret for Ollie.  He was out of sight.

We read this at night:

"For unity to exist among human beings—at even the simplest level—two fundamental conditions must pertain. Those involved must first of all be in some agreement about the nature of reality as it affects their relationships with one another and with the phenomenal world. They must, secondly, give assent to some recognized and authoritative means by which decisions will be taken that affect their association with one another and that determine their collective goals."  (Century of Light)

Boys send everyone pawfuls of kisses and best wishes for a splendid weekend...

Ciao!

8 comments:

  1. I wish parting worked that well with my children:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O Michaela, I would not be able to do that if I had human children...even with these doodles, I am in a constant state of worry! It is not fun at all!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words here always bring a great "sourire". Thanks for the smile and happy weekend to you and those characters/kitties too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The world would be better if cats and dogs could go to meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree LBR, I think they should go to meetings. I know they would express their feelings truthfully.

    xx

    Hi Kristin, thanks for stopping by. Smokes, the babe, continues to be in our prayers.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. the week is always purrfect with the adventures of the kitty boys, my guys sit on the back of the chair and I read the most recent adventures to them ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mountain Dreamers...you have some lucky boys, you do! Have a delightful weekend!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Surely these beautiful kitties would have added something to the meeting?? Though getting them there might be difficult (if they are anything like our cats)!

    ReplyDelete