Friday, December 4, 2015

Sweet Cakes on the Stairs

It has been a very long time and still not so long that I would not be able to remember earlier posts.

I like to say that I have been super busy.

I am not sure why I have decided to unnecessarily throw a few words out there in cyberspace but we decided to do it.

As you may or may not recall this is Mr Sweet Pants.  We have many names for him, one that suits him particularly well now is Sweet Baby Cakes because he has become sweeter than his normal self.

I like to pretend that he understands every single word I say but in actual fact he understands a percentage of them even though he regularly talks back to me in different tones.

What he does detect with incredible accuracy is emotions and vibes so I am very careful when I am around him, making sure that my vibes are all positive and harmonious.  


One morning this week Sweet Baby Cakes and I read this and thought about it for a few seconds:

"We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly.  We grow partially.  We are relative.  We are mature in one realm, childish in another.  The past, present, and the future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present.  We are made up of layers, cells, constellations."- Anais Nin

Interesting concept....and we think true but we shall leave it right here.

We hope that everyone has a grand Friday....

Cheers...


6 comments:

  1. Truly! We are many things. Revealing what we want when we want, if we want to!
    Our animals, and I can only vouch for cats, really, can read us like a book. They feel for us when they detect we're having "one of those days." And share in our joy to the max.
    What a lovely reappearance of you and sweet baby cakes today. Love seeing you again. ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i apologize to be remiss in my visit to see mister sweet pants.
    i am pleased with the reading you both chose. the words are so meaningful....so beautiful....so perfect....and so correct.

    cheers and a grand day to you!!

    [i love that name :: sweet baby cakes.]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello and yes it's been way too long! I hope you and your furbabies are happy and well and didn't chew any Christmas ribbons like one of mine is inclined to do. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we are all things at different times...wishing you a very happy holiday!
    Sending love and light...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you and yours, especially sweet baby cakes!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mona,
    How lovely to see Mr Sweet Pants. I have thought of you often and sorry I missed this beautiful post. The words of Anais Nin apply to all of us.
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete