Thursday, January 31, 2013

they have sleep advice for you....

I am really not sure what prompted this, maybe I was sharing with the cat boys that some nights I find it hard to sleep when they jump on me and do the Irish step dance.  So each their own way, which is always opposite the other one's way, showed me how to sleep.

Mr Sweet Pants showed me the first option which was to get into the kitten pose, tail tucked,
while letting the head hang from an opening so as to be semi-alert should danger present itself.
Ginger cat, Mr Puffy Pants suggested the corpse pose with glazed eyes,
which is not only entirely relaxing
but it also deceives the enemy and you don't have to be on guard.
So, there you have it again.  Very good advice from two city cat boys.

The cat boys wished to share this with you:

“Activity and rest are two vital aspects of life. To find a balance in them is a skill in itself. Wisdom is knowing when to have rest, when to have activity, and how much of each to have. Finding them in each other - activity in rest and rest in activity - is the ultimate freedom.” 
― Sri Sri Ravi ShankarCelebrating Silence

While resting they might have been listening to this.

Cat boys are recommending nap time and kitty kisses for all!

Ciao everyone!

10 comments:

  1. The Irish Step Dance, ah yes. I'm familiar with this. It happens daily around 6:30 AM when trying to hoard the last vestiges of sleep. Sometimes I threaten to wake them up from their daytime slumber but it seems cruel. They don't think it's cruel at all though to wake me up when their stomachs are demanding food. Where is the justice?

    My cats, like yours, are masters at sleep instruction. Sometimes I wish I were a cat too. We'd cuddle up in the sun and sleep the day away. So much for balance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. marilia- I know you can give a lot of advice yourself : )

    grace grace- I think all cats are Irish because they do that dance so well...I too try not to wake up the sleepy beasts only to escape from the house,...otherwise, I go for it...they are irresistable...happy thursday to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hee hee ha ha!

    i have difficulty sleeping, some nights. i shall try these poses.

    xx

    p.s. yes: sometimes angelo dances on my chest with his pointed feline feet. ow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. marie- it is amazing how much weight they carry under their paws... I personally like the corpse pose...it confuses Ollie and he comes and checks my breathing xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only wish I could relax so well as my cats. Yours certainly seem to own the house; don't they all?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find it harder and harder to bounce back from a sleepless night, your cat boys found the balance between rest and activity for sure!
    Happy February Mona!
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great quote. Oh my, looking at your cats makes me sleepy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sanda- yes, they own the place : ) Happy weekend to you

    ShannonAnn- Happy February dear friend xx

    Mette- I too like that quote and you are absolutely right, looking at them is sleep inducing xx

    Mrs Gnat- thank you thank you xx

    ReplyDelete