Thursday, June 18, 2009

New 'Do' for the Cat Babes distracts them!

Once a month we have to put a few drops of flea repellent on the kitties and this results in a funny look that I had to capture. Personally I like the spiky fur, which to me looks like the punk 'do' that many like in this region of the country. My sweetheart husband however is straight-laced (is this a word), and prefers that the cat boys remain natural. Our neighbor groomer has asked us many times to give Ollie a lion 'do' and how beautiful would that be, but that is also not acceptable. Anyhow, enjoy these photos. The spike blends in a few days and they won't be punk cats anymore until next month.

Ollie the rebel-




and Augustus, his older brother.






Anyhow, the reason I wanted to show these pictures is to tell you that I cannot discuss anything with the boys after I spike their fur. Olllie dashed off when I told him we would be chatting for a few, and August who is the baby love followed me for some time....



until he spotted this little rascal


who was trying to listen to the conversation.


I lost Augs to the squirrel;


however, I got another listener, the squirrel, who in my estimation did not understand a single word!


I did not give up my chance to an audience, so hard to find one, so I shared with him the passage shown below thinking that it may relate to his life in the woods, the wild, the outdoors, something like that.

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms."
— Henry David Thoreau (Walden: Or, Life in the Woods)

He wiggled his tail, chirped and it sounded like he was laughing at me. So here it is, how today began early this morning.

Happy Thursday to all and Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment