Friday, June 5, 2009

Sleepies in Pasadena

A street view from our upstairs window-

Yes, the title says it all. We are all sleepy. Nothing like a change in schedule to throw everything off, or more off. Last night I had to pick up my sweetheart from LAX, flight due to land at 11:15 p.m. I was on schedule with doodle duties meaning that I got them in, brushed their furs, washed their little chin chins and brushed Ollie's teeth, or rather just fed him poultry flavored toothpaste. At 10:30 I headed out for LAX....I think I was in bed ~ 1 a.m. Of course the sassy cowboys thought it was a new day and were playing most of the night.
5 a.m. Friday morning Augustus, the master clock, jumps on the bed to get me out, and Ollie gives a little sigh every minute as a reminder of his plight. "Yes, yes", I said. Eyes shut, I find my way downstairs and let them out, and then just fall on the couch. No early morning excursions for this sleepy mummy.

Here are some photos taken with an Olympus Camedia C740 Ultrazoom digital camera (someone asked), and NO, I don't like this camera, or maybe it is more truthful to say that I don't know how to take good pictures with it.
Incidentally, I did make it to work late, 9 a.m., but it did not matter one bit because I come to discover that today is the National Donut Day and people are in lines at the donut stores!

"Can't keep my eyes open mummy!", said Ollie.


Big Yawn from Augustus...Aahhh!


Wishing all a great weekend!

Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. Jacaranda!! Le sigh!! What a lovely view you have. Now about that guest room.;-)
    Happy weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, dear VIcki...up and down the street and all around me are Jacarundas! The tree in front just about to bloom is tulip tree and further down are Magnolias and Bottlebrus.

    xo

    Yes LBR, I know you love them, and ever since reading your post I try to walk under them so a petal falls on me. Just last week a big clump fell on me hard and I thought of you smiling. : ) Yes, my cats will serve you tea and crumpets and massage your temples or shoulders.

    ReplyDelete