Thursday, June 25, 2009

Torsdag, Thursday, Jove's day, Jeudi? ...Majesty!


Photo courtesy of Angel Di Bilio of Caltech

Thursday
The day named after the Norse god Thor. In the Norse languages this day is called Torsdag.
The Romans named this day dies Jovis ("Jove's Day"), after Jove or Jupiter, their most important god.
French: jeudi; Italian: giovedi; Spanish: jueves.
German: Donnerstag; Dutch: donderdag.

The new name for Thursday is Majesty.

O SON OF MAN!  My majesty is My gift to thee, and My grandeur the token of My mercy unto thee.  That which beseemeth Me none shall understand, nor can anyone recount. Verily, I have preserved it in My hidden storehouses and in the treasuries of My command, as a sign of My loving-kindness unto My servants and My mercy unto My people.
(Hidden Words)

I hope yours was a majestic day!


Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment