Sunday, January 10, 2010

Energies sapped...

The christmas paper whites are all finally in bloom.

All visiting relatives are gone but Ollie who remains suspicious runs around checking just to make sure that none is hiding behind a bush.

Augustus carries out the search from a high vista!

'Los parientes have departed', they meowed to each other. They can now rest.

I knew their energies were sapped but I had to take advantage of the moment and read to them so they would stay in form. So they assumed the standard kitty reading position, meaning that they turned their backs to me and to each other,

and we read this short paragraph:

"...In the spiritual world, the divine bestowals are infinite, for in that realm there is neither separation nor disintegration which characterize the world of material existence. Spiritual existence is absolute immortality, completeness and unchangeable being. Therefore we must thank God that He has created for us both material blessings and spiritual bestowals......

Thereafter the boys were really exhausted and went to their respective rooms to nap. Augustus put himself to sleep by sinking into his sheepskin
and Ollie decided to watch the Patriots/Ravens game to relax.
Wishing all a wonderful week but don't work too hard or your energies will be sapped!

Muchas cat kisses and ciao!

9 comments:

  1. No one can nap like a cat. Really, they inspire me. And, le sigh!, the smell of paper whites is definitely energizing as will seeing you tomorrow.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So looking forward to it I cannot work, and do agree about the cat naps. If I were a therapist I would offer catnap sessions.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the Christmas paper whites--quelle bonne idea, second only to story time which make Ollie and Augustus two lucky, literary lions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...THANK YOU for this...it comes at the purrfect time ...for me...after viewing my newest material purchase a friend's comment that i was "buying love based on a false sense of friendship, least of all buying false friendship"...has troubled me...we've been debating this ever since...your verse has helped to settle & support my innermost feelings...& remind me that there is a balance...no matter how large or small the material is...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristin, I will tell Ollie and August what you said. : )
    dear Nancy, you are simply a beauty magnet, big furry kitty hugs to you : ) and xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, they look so sleepy!!! I look forward to your quotes and reading snippets like water :)

    xoxoxo,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Allison, I feel the same about you!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that last shot especially. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your paperwhites!! Have a great week. xo

    ReplyDelete