Thursday, January 7, 2010

Los gatos y yo discuten sobre un tema muy importante

however, being cerca de la fin de semana we thought to save it for later. Well, that's about all the Espanol that I know, and as I told the boys about this talk that I went to last Wednesday night, and that other one that I had to attend another night Augustus ran to the book case and pulled out this selection for me to read!!!
Hmmm, I thought, the little cat boy is telling me something or is he just trying to distract me so he can run off?

Either way I did read...

"...there is a sign (from God) in every phenomenon: the sign of the intellect is contemplation and the sign of contemplation is silence, because it is impossible for a man to do two things at one time—he cannot both speak and meditate.
It is an axiomatic fact that while you meditate you are speaking with your own spirit. In that state of mind you put certain questions to your spirit and the spirit answers: the light breaks forth and the reality is revealed...
The spirit of man is itself informed and strengthened during meditation; through it affairs of which man knew nothing are unfolded before his view...
Nevertheless some thoughts are useless to man; they are like waves moving in the sea without result. But if the faculty of meditation is bathed in the inner light and characterized with divine attributes, the results will be confirmed."
(Paris Talks)

Early this morning Ollie and I did our routine walk, mommie cat actually overslept and did not get out until 6:15 a.m., ayeee!

We passed by these freshly planted flowers and Ollie asked me to take a picture for YOU!


Muchos kitty kisses to all and warming rays of sun...

Ciao!

5 comments:

  1. Those primroses are beautiful! Have a great weekend, Mona! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Primroses...there we go, I was trying to figure out what they were : ) A wonderful weekend to you too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Ollie, and Mrs. Little Jeans for that gorgeous photo. The Primroses are lovely.
    Happy weekend to you and your furry friends.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...i was JUSt thinking about these things...or was i meditating...hmm...no lo se...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fact: I nod, hurumph and exclaim like an old church lady when I read. Which is why, when I read that first paragraph of the quote and said "YES" my lap-kitty boy startled, then gave me a dirty look and asked my to either read aloud or keep it to myself.

    ReplyDelete