Monday, February 28, 2011

Remembering this past Saturday, Feb 26th

So many changes, Ollie is sitting and remembering.
The day started with the usual early early morning walk, shenanigans and breakfast al fresco.
In no time I was off to north pasadena, a little damp and I see snow flakes in the foothills.
Two hours later it is snowing up here, first time since late 1940s I hear!
I am driving back to lower pasadena trying to capture the flakes on my car.
Driving not more than a few minutes and I see the clearing ahead of me.
And I am out of the rain/snow zone.
I cannot take enough pictures of these clouds that I like to squeeze.

Off to a friend's home for a potluck where I see these dudes...apparently they knew of this event too and I can only wish that my cat boys were here too!
The day was not long just for me but also for the cat boys who spent the entire day outdoors. Back indoors they did ask for a reading

and so we read this

As for the spiritual perfections they are man's birthright and belong to him alone of all creation. Man is, in reality, a spiritual being, and only when he lives in the spirit is he truly happy.

which they enjoyed but we were all too exhausted to reflect on the passage. So the cat boys just made kisses and meowed good night!





Ciao everyone!

PS- a special friend, Honorable Judge James Nelson passed on and the boys prayed for the progress of his soul

8 comments:

  1. Bushy tails, outstretched paws, snow in LA and reflections on living in the spirit, a potpourri of delights!

    My boys send kisses to yours. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was all prepared to rave about the non-cat photos( the sky, the peacocks, and all the natural beauty) and then you showed me the boys and I forgot what I was going to say. They melt me faster than the snow melted when it landed on the streets of Valencia.
    Happy Monday to all of you!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you two, you know how to make a gal happy...kisses and happy monday to both of you...I am slowly getting to reading blogs, busy weekend x xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. The smiling kitties!!!! I LOVE THEM!

    Crazy snow/non-snow.

    It was snowing like crazy here on Friday, then very warm on Saturday, then rainy on Sunday and freakish windstorms/lightning last night. Weird weather all around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous day it was Mona and peacocks! I think a wild bunny would be just the thing!!! ;)

    Happy week ahead xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. bowing deeply in contemplation: prayers for your comfort after the death of a friend.

    photos of the boys *always* bring happiness to my spirit. ['specially when they SMILE!]

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hannah- your weather sounds even more exciting than ours... have a great day, hopefully more calm! xoxo

    Ro- MrLittleJeans said NO to the bunny even though I suggested that he would me major entertainment for our boys xoxo

    marie- thank you for the sweet note..the friend will always live in my and others' minds...I don't know of too many people whose life was dedicated to the betterment of the world..honored to have known him!

    Happy Tuesday everyeone! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sleepy cats are really my personal ideal of deliciousness.
    please be so careful when taking all these luscious sky pictures for us while driving.
    I'm sorry your friend is gone. i wonder if my father knew him, through work...

    ReplyDelete