Monday, January 3, 2011

First week of 2011

we pretend that it is winter and here's the proof below but not really. The days are getting longer and our earth is tingling from within feeling springlike inside.
Much to my contentment I find Augustus all dressed up and ready to go to work with me on this first Monday of 2011.
Ollie on the other hand...well, take a look, he is passed out on the bed from too much playing last night. He wants to know if he could take the day off if
he shows us some of his cute parts...his puffy pants,
his puffy paws. I gave in. He can stay in and play.
Gussy selected this for reading and reflection:

"A drop of the billowing ocean of His endless mercy hath adorned all creation with the ornament of existence, and a breath wafted from His peerless Paradise hath invested all beings with the robe of His sanctity and glory. A sprinkling from the unfathomed deep of His sovereign and all-pervasive Will hath, out of utter nothingness, called into being a creation which is infinite in its range and deathless in its duration. The wonders of His bounty can never cease, and the stream of His merciful grace can never be arrested. The process of His creation hath had no beginning, and can have no end." (Gleanings)

Cat babes send you pawfuls of kitty kisses and best wishes as you start your first week of 2011!

Ciao everyone!

14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Mona! I love Ollie's puffy pants. Thank goodness the rain has let up a bit. Our kitty boys don't like it either.

    Feral boy Gray is adjusting nicely, though he has a tendency to hide downstairs under the bed. His little hovel. We keep forcing love on him and sometimes he stays with us awhile and purrs. Brownie has adjusted to the imposition, but still hisses once in awhile to keep boundaries clear.

    Our kitties send kisses to your kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2011 Susan, I know you were away, hope it was great fun! We send love to Gray and Brownie. I should let you know that Gussy hisses all the time, he thinks it is a verb used by cats to admonish...we just try to be obedient! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you too!

    I posted photos of the trip on Facebook if you want to check them out.

    I have to say it was really nice not being glued to the internet for a couple weeks. I figured if I limit online time in 2011 I'll have time to take this history course I have my eye on.

    So, I might not be around as much but will definitely drop in to say hi now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year, my sweet Scientist!! :)

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 2011 to you in that rose city!
    xo, Ro

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing Ollie's puffy pants and the little teeth in his smile. Sooooooo cute. Thank you for these gorgeous shots.
    Love you!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, thank you, augustus, for making me GUFFAW out loud.
    "u r 2 funzy."

    ollie. dear ollie. fur pants and puff paws. ollie. you are so wonderful.

    what a nice reading for starting out 2011. thank you, mona.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Ollie. How can he just be so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Silly cat puffy pants or not, one must work! :)
    Happiest New Year M!
    I hope your 2011 is full and bright.
    xo
    A
    {word verify is "quite"...Love that}

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...is that Ollie fur.real????



    HAPPPPPPY NEEEEW YEEEEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ehem.


    I do believe that's MISTER Augustus Esquire to you.

    New year, new kitty boys, new kitty toys. Muuuah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL.....love the collar on Augustus. He is looking very stylish. Happy New Year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan, Allison, Ro, marie, mette, LBR, Andrea, Nancy, Kelly and Anne, thank you for your visiting our home, the boys would be serving you tea and crumpets if you were here (xoxo)n

    ReplyDelete