Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A new cat in town...

One day last week the three of us discovered that a new cat had moved to our complex. This fellow's overall handsomeness was only matched by his pushiness. In no time, he found our home and landed himself on our doormat, an act not so welcome by cats since as we all know cats send invitations out for guests. In addition to this faux pas, this fellow would not let Ollie or Gussy into the house! I heard loud meows.
He is setting out to bully Ollie!
And here is Ollie not believing what is happening.
Fortunately Gussy came and sat down right in front of him. Telepathic conversations let the fellow know that he would only appear when he received his invitation in the mail, and that he should not be holding his breath for too long.
Later at night distressed Ollie was on the floor, he had an emotional fainting in the living room.
Close examination of his paws told me that he would be alright in spite of the little event.
When Gussy retired to his chair I noticed that he kept on his boxing gloves but remained in a meditative mood.

I thought a good way to make light of this event would be to call the new cat names and make fun of him but Augustus would not have that. He told me that he would take care of that cat and suggested that I read the following:

"Man possesses two kinds of susceptibilities: the natural emotions, which are like dust upon the mirror, and spiritual susceptibilities, which are merciful and heavenly characteristics.

There is a power which purifies the mirror from dust and transforms its reflection into intense brilliancy and radiance so that spiritual susceptibilities may chasten the hearts and heavenly bestowals sanctify them. What is the dust which obscures the mirror? It is attachment to the world, avarice, envy, love of luxury and comfort, haughtiness and self-desire; this is the dust which prevents reflection of the rays of the Sun of Reality in the mirror. The natural emotions are blameworthy and are like rust which deprives the heart of the bounties of God. But sincerity, justice, humility, severance, and love for the believers of God will purify the mirror and make it radiant with reflected rays from the Sun of Truth.

It is my hope that you may consider this matter, that you may search out your own imperfections and not think of the imperfections of anybody else. Strive with all your power to be free from imperfections. "
{Promulgation of Universal Peace}

Well, I thought, I had my work cut out for me.

In spite of the day's hardships both Ollie and Augustus filled their paws with love kisses and blew them in the air for you. Enjoy!

Ciao everyone!

12 comments:

  1. That Ollie is something else. Thank goodness for Augustus and his telepathy. Otherwise the boys may never have gotten back inside. I see the sheer stress of the day just did ollie in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thank goodness for Augustus...we did have an encounter and Ollie is very emotional as you know. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. An emotional fainting!!!! I just laughed right out of my chair: poor kitty boys!!!

    xoxoxox,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison- actually, emotional fainting is pretty normal chez nous...I think he is part southern, he has frequent spells xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those photos of Mr puffy pants on his back really cracked me up!

    As for the reading, these days I've been contemplating the "rivalry and desire" aspects of fashion. It's a slippery slope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha haaa I agree with Sunny a case of the vespers perhaps. You are a funny lady even with this most serious of business

    xoxoxo Rochelle

    *btw I like the word haughtiness, I'm officially stealing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well vapors, though he could be praying......he hee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan- I too always find myself on one slope if not the other, I blame it on stress sometimes and on the need to update at other times. At all times though I tell myself that I am still detached, am I really? I love you.

    Ro- that's it, Ollie has the vapors, I did not use the word because I was afraid it referred to something else, something smelly : ), and he does not have that problem thankfully

    I am also with you on haughtiness, I am totally ok with naughtiness but not with haughtiness; I may see you soon when Susan Tiner comes to Claremont!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emotional fainting! That is so sweet and funny!!!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always say, when in doubt, lie still and have a fainting spell....:)! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES Mona, let me know if you're coming to Claremont.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. as PBS' red green says:
    quando omni flunkus moritati.
    [when all else fails, play dead.]

    MONA! shame on you! wanting to call names on the new cat.
    good thing gussy has his wits about him and straightened you out!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete