Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Augustus was smiling


and Ollie was wondering why? Isn't he the one who tells the jokes in this family?

I am sure the two of them will discuss this soon enough.

Just as I expected...
This gave me a chance to tell them about the upcoming United Nations Day Celebration, and UNITY being the ultimate goal of humanity in this global civilization. So we reviewed the following quotes-

“The world is but one country, and mankind its citizens.”

“Let not a man glory in that he loves his country; let him rather glory in this, that he loves his kind.”

“Ye are the fruits of one tree, and the leaves of one branch.”

“Bend your minds and wills to the education of the peoples and kindreds of the earth, that haply … all mankind may become the upholders of one order, and the inhabitants of one city…. Ye dwell in one world, and have been created through the operation of one Will.”

“Beware lest the desires of the flesh and of a corrupt inclination provoke divisions among you. Be ye as the fingers of one hand, the members of one body.”

“All the saplings of the world have appeared from one Tree, and all the drops from one Ocean, and all beings owe their existence to one Being.”

“That one indeed is a man who today dedicateth himself to the service of the entire human race.”
(Baha'u'llah)

The little boys could not agree more, they really could not understand how it could be any other way. More proud and in love with them I could not be.

Wishing all oneness all round and heaps of cat kisses...

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment about the sign! I'm glad I could make you smile :-) I love your cats and I love that one of them thinks he is Native American, he he. BTW, what kind of scientest are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyful! I am a chemist (mass spectroscopist more specifically). I will check back with you again. Hope you have a great week. : )

    ReplyDelete