Thursday, March 24, 2011

Under this shy and gentle March sun of ours

we were shooting the breeze, singing, sniffing, and eating grass! I could not love Mr Puffy Pants or Bubba Guss anymore than I already do.
Here they are following me around, I like for them to sit still so I can snap a nice picture but no, that won't work.
"Here I am," says Augustus. "What next?"

Curiosity finally moved the ginger puff.
Now he is giving me the 'I-am-ignoring-you' look. I know your games, I told Ollie, I know your games little man.
Feeling the craziness in the world, the boys decided to read and reflect upon this:

O ye lovers of this wronged one! Cleanse ye your eyes, so that ye behold no man as different from yourselves. See ye no strangers; rather see all men as friends, for love and unity come hard when ye fix your gaze on otherness. And in this new and wondrous age, the Holy Writings say that we must be at one with every people; that we must see neither harshness nor injustice, neither malevolence, nor hostility, nor hate, but rather turn our eyes toward the heaven of ancient glory. For each of the creatures is a sign of God, and it was by the grace of the Lord and His power that each did step into the world; therefore they are not strangers, but in the family; not aliens, but friends, and to be treated as such. (Selections AB)

Hmmm! So tough! We agreed that this was a rather tough exhortation but we decided to think about it every now and then.

Later we all hummed to this, remembering him.

Boys then filled their paws with kisses and blew them in the air for you. Catch them because they are delicious and quite rare.


Ciao everyone!

9 comments:

  1. We could use a little of your shy gentle March Sun here. It's raining cats and dogs!

    I love that song, and your doodles.

    Kisses!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Susan, the rain is moving down here, in no time we will be soaking too.

    Kisses to you and your kitties! The sun is coming, hang in there.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good passage...good thoughts on a Thursday evening with all the crazy surrounding us...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was tough though eased though it with sweet kitty nicknames and the stars blowing in.......xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. see ye no strangers: see all men as friends.
    see ye no strangers: see all CATS as friends. each of the creatures is a sign of God.

    ginger puff and gussy: we are sending alaska kisses to you on the south-bound jetstream....

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...Ugh...I know one alien right now. But that's another story! ;)

    I am needing all those kisses! Sending you all some of mine too...
    xxxxxx
    and hugs too...
    oooooo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you once again for the lovely pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emmy- thanks for the visit...not easy to have good thoughts but we try, hold each others' paws and close our eyes wishing xx

    Ro- you like Bubba Guss, don't you? xo

    marie- doing what that passage says is the most difficult thing in the world- only cats can do it xoxo

    Andrea- I am so with you, every time I read this I think Ughhh...how is this really possible but I suppose it gradually becomes!??? I hope so. thanks for the kisses

    Mette- cats are eating up the compliments, they love them. Wishing you a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete