Monday, March 2, 2009

'Purification and Training'



This is the second day of the Baha'i month of Fasting and I already know that I don't plan to post something everyday, only if something interesting comes to mind. Anyhow, I thought to share this writing from Baha'u'llah ( prophet founder of Baha'i faith for those who do not know)

'Even though outwardly the Fast is difficult and toilsome, yet inwardly it is bounty and tranquillity. Purification and training are conditioned and dependent only on such rigorous exercises as are in accord with the Book of God and sanctioned by Divine law, not those which the deluded have inflicted upon the people. Whatsoever God hath revealed is beloved of the soul. We beseech Him that He may graciously assist us to do that which is pleasing and acceptable unto Him.'

I like this passage. Don't you? (Well, I know no one is reading this...ha ha ha) I was happy to see that even Baha'u'llah considers Fast to be difficult and toilsome. What a relief!

I also have to share a scientific article on 'fasting', mucho interesting, in my opinion. This comes from JAMA, 2008, and here it is:



Unfortunately, it is illegible but if you must know, the article was published in JAMA, May 7, 2008, p. 2017, Vol. 299(17). Essentially researchers have discovered that normal cells go into 'hibernation' or low activity within a few days of fasting while cancer cell continue growth at rapid rate. Chemotherapy following short fasting period will affect the cancer cell and not destroy normal cells. This is outstanding!!!

Well, I tried to get some cat photos this morning, and hope to share them with you soon.

If you NEED to listen to heavenly music, listen to this!

Ciao dear buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment