Thursday, March 12, 2009

Contemplating how to possess pure, kindly and radiant hearts...




Last night I went to a meeting where a speaker did a presentation on the concept of the oneness of all religions, oneness in that they all essentially teach the same principles. I cannot tell you all about it in the few minutes that I have but trust me, it was very good. Anyhow, the reason I bring this up is that yesterday I shared a quote with you on possessing a "pure, kindly and radiant heart" and told you that it was a very powerful quote. So, as I listened to the talk it occurred to me that this idea of purity of motive, kindness, radiance is greatly emphasized in all of the major religions and interestingly, hardly ever recognized in the sciences.
So this morning as I was walking the doodle bugs (that would be Augustus and Ollie, two of the cutest cats in the world) I started thinking about this idea of possessing a "pure, kindly and radiant heart" again. It occurred to me that one reason the injunction asking us to "possess a pure, kindly and radiant heart" is so important is because it leads firstly to personal transformation, and secondly, to world transformation, i.e., if pursued collectively. Think about it... We really do need to work on WORLD TRANSFORMATION. So let's try to possess a pure, kindly and radiant heart whenever we can.

So I am going to share with you a prayer concerning this. Here it is:

O God, my God! Aid Thou Thy trusted servants to have loving and tender hearts. Help them to spread, amongst all the nations of the earth, the light of guidance that cometh from the Company on high. Verily, Thou art the Strong, the Powerful, the Mighty, the All-Subduing, the Ever-Giving. Verily, Thou art the Generous, the Gentle, the Tender, the Most Bountiful. ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

I also included pictures of the doodlebugs while they were contemplating upon this thought after our walk. By the way, these photos were taken at early dawn but after iphoto touch up and enhancement they appear like full morning.

Well, I also like to add that I will not post for you (or rather MOI) tomorrow because I will be out of town just for the day.

Toodles to all and wishing you a happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment