Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Time flies no matter what...

I just looked at my poor blog and noticed that I hadn't added anything since March 24th. Obviously I meant it when I said that I am preoccupied. I am still preoccupied but I thought to give myself a nudge today.

I attended a very interesting talk on Sunday at a dear friends' home in Temple City, CA. The speaker, young talented man, spoke about Living the Fulfilled Life, Part II. He had formulated this idea that to live a fulfilled life, what we all want, we would need three things.
First- inspiration
Second- Encouragement
Third- Forgiveness

As he talked I would be thinking to myself that this is what I am always searching- the inspired life. I know I am inspired in general but I am talking that sort of inspiration that leads one to forget oneself. This is what has led to happiness. ALWAYS TRYING SO HARD. Anyhow, with that context, I am sharing with you an excerpt that this young man, Sina, shared with his audience.

'...Meditate on what the poet hath written: “Wonder not, if my Best-Beloved be closer to me than mine own self; wonder at this, that I, despite such nearness, should still be so far from Him.”… Considering what God hath revealed, that “We are closer to man than his life-vein,” the poet hath, in allusion to this verse, stated that, though the revelation of my Best-Beloved hath so permeated my being that He is closer to me than my life-vein, yet, notwithstanding my certitude of its reality and my recognition of my station, I am still so far removed from Him. By this he meaneth that his heart, which is the seat of the All-Merciful and the throne wherein abideth the splendor of His revelation, is forgetful of its Creator, hath strayed from His path, hath shut out itself from His glory, and is stained with the defilement of earthly desires.' Baha'u'llah

AARGH! I think this poet sees a lot. I feel that I hang in this zone a lot.

Well, happy Tuesday to all of my invisible readers.

3 comments:

  1. and a happy tuesday to you mrs little jeans! a very good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi my name is rosebud im from hotties blog nice to find you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi who is dandy will you please be my friend!:)

    ReplyDelete