Thursday, March 4, 2010

Backyard Meditations...

I went to a nature talk Wednesday night and told the cat boys all about it. Oh my! Antarctica! The penguins, the whales, the sea lions, the glaciers, the skies, the oceans....stunning!
August was imagining all in his mind's eye...


and Ollie too was thinking about it...especially about those whales!


We were so inspired that we returned back to the condo where we read a selection chosen by Augustus:

"Look at the world and ponder a while upon it. It unveileth the book of its own self before thine eyes and revealeth that which the Pen of thy Lord, the Fashioner, the All-Informed, hath inscribed therein. It will acquaint thee with that which is within it and upon it and will give thee such clear explanations as to make thee independent of every eloquent expounder.
Say: Nature in its essence is the embodiment of My Name, the Maker, the Creator. Its manifestations are diversified by varying causes, and in this diversity there are signs for men of discernment. Nature is God’s Will and is its expression in and through the contingent world..."
(Tablet of Wisdom)

and we became even more inspired and so we listened to some kitty choir chosen by Ollie! It was lovely!


We wish everyone an inspired Friday and weekend and muchas kitty kisses!

Ciao!

7 comments:

  1. "It unveileth the book of its own self "

    yes.

    Give those fuzzy lumkins some kitty love for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure will umber and they are gonna' love it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. :0
    love thy quote-th...
    Am meditating now. Need some unveiling of my own.
    Wish I could see in the mind of your furries. That would most probably lead to some phenomenal inspirational thoughts...?
    First photo is great!
    xo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by the blog me lovely, the first picture with the "mind's eye " was splendid. Indeed I am behind after trying to wrench me knee from me body, 3 weeks ago , soo hopefully now that we are on the mend I can get back to normal life , whatever that is, as always a visit with the cat boys is a delight. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea...coming from you that is a big complement...with me and the boys it is always hit or miss, either they move too fast or I can't see : ) I can use some unveiling too...xoxo

    Mountaindreamer- ouch ouch, I am glad you are on the mend! Always lovely when you stop over and have a great one!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe some day Ollie and I can go whale watching. You can come too!;-)

    ReplyDelete