Wednesday, February 8, 2012

His reflection in the window glass

suggested that I may find two relaxed cats in the second floor loft.
And sure enough, I found Augustus on one chair
and Ollie on the other, beautiful eyes barely open but ears wide awake, always!
They made the noise that told me to read to them part 2 of yesterday's reading.
Ollie assumed the posture of deep reflection.
We read:

"O My servants! Could ye apprehend with what wonders of My munificence and bounty I have willed to entrust your souls, ye would, of a truth, rid yourselves of attachment to all created things, and would gain a true knowledge of your own selves—a knowledge which is the same as the comprehension of Mine own Being. Ye would find yourselves independent of all else but Me, and would perceive, with your inner and outer eye, and as manifest as the revelation of My effulgent Name, the seas of My loving-kindness and bounty moving within you. ... Ye are even as the bird which soareth, with the full force of its mighty wings and with complete and joyous confidence, through the immensity of the heavens, until, impelled to satisfy its hunger, it turneth longingly to the water and clay of the earth below it, and, having been entrapped in the mesh of its desire, findeth itself impotent to resume its flight to the realms whence it came. Powerless to shake off the burden weighing on its sullied wings, that bird, hitherto an inmate of the heavens, is now forced to seek a dwelling-place upon the dust. Wherefore, O My servants, defile not your wings with the clay of waywardness and vain desires, and suffer them not to be stained with the dust of envy and hate, that ye may not be hindered from soaring in the heavens of My divine knowledge."

The cat boys purred with sleepy satisfaction and indicated that kisses would be coming your way in the morning along with their best wishes for a delightful day!

Ciao everyone!

8 comments:

  1. So very precious. I'm confessing to you that I am a Pinterest addict. I had to "pin" Augustus on my "Cutie Pie" "Board." If you get time, I've got lots of kitty photos there. http://pinterest.com/gracepete/ Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O grace, you are truly Grace...Augustus on your board? mwah mwah mwah from us. I will check it out! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peaceful kitties on the 2nd floor, your kitties are excellent floppers........wonderful shots!

    ver word...inerjecu, def= post a comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those beautiful boys....sending you all kisses today :)
    xoxo,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love your boys...xo's


    {defile not your wings with the clay of waywardness and vain desires, and suffer them not to be stained with the dust of envy and hate, that ye may not be hindered from soaring} I love this bit of the whole in particular...I feel you are much more spiritual than I could ever be, your readings/offerings bring we something far outside of the words and ideas I would seek on my own. Thank you Mona. Also for your comment today...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ro- the second floor was supposed to be our reading spot but they had more reading to do and so it is theirs x

    Sunny- kisses right back to you lovely lady! xx

    Andrea- I like that part too and the part about the wing touching the .... thank you for stopping by, I am not spiritual but I try, try very hard to be true to myself...you are one of the loveliest people I know..xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is so adorable, I'm at a loss for words :p Gorgeous shots! They look so sweet sleeping but I can never abstain from burying my face in such uteness, and they wake up of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Mona

    I cannot believe Augustus and Ollie had their eyes closed when the subject matter you read is of "birds"
    I too love the reading and reference to hate and envy. This is powerful and a destroyer of what is good and beautiful.

    Air kisses back to the boys and you
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete