Tuesday, February 7, 2012

This is what I saw

when I stepped into the courtyard yesterday afternoon: Mr Sweet Pants in the pot
and Mr Puffy Pants, simultaneously puzzled and attentive!
I knew that this called for a reading to bring the two back into focus, and so I said, "how about we go and read". Mr Puffy Pants was pleased to be released from the state of puzzlement and sprang into a brisk kitty walk.
And he was almost immediately followed by Mr Sweet Pants.
We walked towards the back where My Puffy Pants started to test the ground, he has to roll around enough to find the proper posture for listening.
Mr Sweet Pants looked at me...I looked back and said that it was alright.
Mr Puffy Pants tried this way but decided that he could hear better if he
rolled this other way!
We read this lovely passage:

"O My servants! Could ye apprehend with what wonders of My munificence and bounty I have willed to entrust your souls, ye would, of a truth, rid yourselves of attachment to all created things, and would gain a true knowledge of your own selves—a knowledge which is the same as the comprehension of Mine own Being. Ye would find yourselves independent of all else but Me, and would perceive, with your inner and outer eye, and as manifest as the revelation of My effulgent Name, the seas of My loving-kindness and bounty moving within you." (Gleanings)

The two pleased cats then took off for other cat business.
Mr Sweet Pants looked around and indicated that they would be making kisses and blowing them in the air. I am so proud of these babes.
We wish everyone a lovely Tuesday.

Ciao!

7 comments:

  1. Your cats are very obedient and very sweet! I love the way they follow you down the path, and listen to your "readings!"

    But... would they actually be prepared to rid themselves to attachment to all created things? Would they be able to stop chasing little mice and frogs.. would they give up their Purina and nice morsels of kitty food? I doubt it!They would probably manage to be independent of all alse but their food and cuddles!

    They are truly magnificent cats!

    Ciao!

    ANNA
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anna...my cats and I share the same problem, which is attachment. We are even attached to each other! We try to detach ourselves from the unessentials! : ) Sending you love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this reading today and it looks like Puffy Pants and Sweet Pants "got it" too. I need to ponder it some more.

    Have a great week

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you seen that cat-whisperer show on Animal Planet (I can't remember what it's called)?? It's great. All about kitty behavior and psychology...love it.

    Hope your week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. as always your boys and your writing made me smile :-)
    anytime I read your posts it's like the world and all the crazy stuff on it stops just for a little for me to catch my breath and gather my strength.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. helen-thank you, I love that reading and I will share the second part next time...cats send kisses xxx

    Hannah- I have not seen that. I only have this relationship with our cats. I envy the cat whisperer who can whisper to all cats...what a blessing! I am going to search for her now. : )

    Anna- thank you for the loveliest words..you made our day brighter indeed. xx

    ReplyDelete