Thursday, May 21, 2009

Was it a jaguar or a lion?









The news last night reported neighborhood sightings of a jaguar, perhaps a lion. No one really knows. I need to get the boys batman costumes so they can go out inconspicuously!

Well, my head was hurting yesterday from all this thinking...I really don't like philosophizing even though I get sucked into it. If you recall yesterday I was annoyed by "fear", annoying "angst". The Red Cross event said that during 9-11 children were traumatized because the media kept playing the falling building scenes over and over and the kids could not tell that it was the same scene. I think adults are the same even though we can decipher better than young children.

Anyhow, this led me to a mini self-reflection session where I talk to myself in my head.
Ollie, who is trying to show his mental capabilities and knows when I am doing this brought the passage copied below to my attention. He is getting too big for his britches but that's another story for another day...

The Realm of Full Awareness, the Apex of Consciousness (That's where Ollie roams in between naps)
Verily, the wayfarer who journeyeth unto God, unto the Crimson Pillar in the snow-white path, will never reach unto his heavenly goal unless he abandoneth all that men possess: “And if he feareth not God, God will make him to fear all things; whereas all things fear him who feareth God.”

Crazy as it may sound, I thought about this for a second and agreed that this was a pretty useful statement (for me at least); I rather fear displeasing God than fear everything else in the world. My spiritual essence should really focus on the latter, and not the former. True, true...much easier said than done; however, I am so lucky to have ginger cat to remind me. Let me know if you want the ging meow messages to you too. Some days he becomes a guru and struts about as a swami!!!

Tread Fearlessly My Friends but still go and prepare your emergency pack....

No comments:

Post a Comment