Monday, July 13, 2009

Dreams, dreams, dreams....

Ollie boy...

and Augustus...


It is early Monday morning, seemingly a Perfect one (remember), and I have let the cats out but have not gone out with them yet. Mummy cat is still not awake. Reviewing yesterday's photos I came across the above two and thought of dreams, Oh those dreams. No personal comments on this topic because it truly amazes me and I can always make sense of some but not all of it so I decided to look up a reading on dreams from a book called Seven Valleys that is written in Sufi style.

"Indeed, O Brother, if we ponder each created thing, we shall witness a myriad perfect wisdoms and learn a myriad new and wondrous truths. One of the created phenomena is the dream. Behold how many secrets are deposited therein, how many wisdoms treasured up, how many worlds concealed. Observe, how thou art asleep in a dwelling, and its doors are barred; on a sudden thou findest thyself in a far-off city, which thou enterest without moving thy feet or wearying thy body; without using thine eyes, thou seest; without taxing thine ears, thou hearest; without a tongue, thou speakest. And perchance when ten years are gone, thou wilt witness in the outer world the very things thou hast dreamed tonight.
Now there are many wisdoms to ponder in the dream, which none but the people of this Valley can comprehend in their true elements. First, what is this world, where without eye and ear and hand and tongue a man puts all of these to use? Second, how is it that in the outer world thou seest today the effect of a dream, when thou didst vision it in the world of sleep some ten years past? Consider the difference between these two worlds and the mysteries which they conceal, that thou mayest attain to divine confirmations and heavenly discoveries and enter the regions of holiness.
God, the Exalted, hath placed these signs in men, to the end that philosophers may not deny the mysteries of the life beyond nor belittle that which hath been promised them. For some hold to reason and deny whatever the reason comprehendeth not, and yet weak minds can never grasp the matters which we have related, but only the Supreme, Divine Intelligence can comprehend them:
How can feeble reason encompass the Qur’án,
Or the spider snare a phoenix in his web?
All these states are to be witnessed in the Valley of Wonderment, and the traveler at every moment seeketh for more, and is not wearied. Thus the Lord of the First and the Last in setting forth the grades of contemplation, and expressing wonderment hath said: “O Lord, increase my astonishment at Thee!”
Likewise, reflect upon the perfection of man’s creation, and that all these planes and states are folded up and hidden away within him.
Dost thou reckon thyself only a puny form
When within thee the universe is folded?
Then we must labor to destroy the animal condition, till the meaning of humanity shall come to light."
(The Seven Valleys)

I had planned to review the spiritual attributes of weekdays in Arabic language (no, I don't know Arabic) because it sounds more melodic than DA DA_DA DAAAAAh "PERFECTION", but not today. I am dreaming today.

Wishing all cat kisses, a Perfect Monday, and all loveliness in all forms.

Ciao!

12 comments:

  1. ...sometimes Mom says she would never dream of some of the things i do...

    but mostly...

    she says I'M her petite dream come true!!!

    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...dreamsDREAMSdreams...magical, mysterious, and wonderful...

    do you dream in color...or B&W...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. PuCat,

    I have no doubt that you are Mom's dream come true...what an honorary title!

    Dear Nancy,
    Only one I dreamt in B&W. I dream in brilliant colours. And you?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet pictures of the cats, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Vicki...don't all sleeping cats look gorgeous...they are sleep masters. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. How would Ollie feel about me taking a nap on his tummy? Sooooooo cute!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ollie would love to lay flat on your belly...he often spends 10 or 15 minutes flat on my belly, of course, right after I wash my face and am ready to sleep.
    He has told me that he loves you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. O, I misunderstood, you like to nap on his belly...that is entirely doable too...he is a big boy and likes girls
    : ), jealous streak though so don't show love to other cats.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell Ollie I am up for either way. He can nap on my tummy or I can nap on his. I am sure that dreams are sweeter when Ollie is around.

    Sweet, I love Ollie too( and Augustus. Is that going to be a problem?;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, you have to express your love secretly, and in equal portions....they both keep track : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you Jientje...they love hearing that!
    Love to you all the way out in Belgium. My sister now lives in Holland.

    ReplyDelete